The aim of the Student Representative Council is to promote the Vision and Mission of the school. It provides a means of expression of student opinion, enabling students to raise issues concerning their involvement in life at St Joseph’s. The SRC provides a forum for the wider school community to consult a representative body of students. Activities that the SRC are likely to be engaged in include:
- Providing student feedback to surveys for the school;
- Co-ordinating the gathering and presentation of student opinion and ideas on key decisions within the school community;
- Encouraging greater understanding and communication between students, staff, parents and the School Leadership Team;
- Providing a forum for student debate and voice;
- Initiate and provide student leadership within the school’s sporting, social, environmental, cultural and fundraising programs.
- Liaise with and support the social justice initiatives of the Mini-Vinnies,the Enviro Team as well as other social justice groups.
Other Service Learning and Fundraising activities supported in our school community include:
- Fundraising for local, national and international charities and Not-for-Profit Organisations;
- Visits to local nursing homes;
- St Vincent De Paul Winter Appeal, “Socktober” and Caritas.