A number of other Student groups within our school include:
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a lay Catholic organisation that aspires to live the Gospel message by serving Christ in the poor with love, respect, justice and joy, and by working to shape a more just and compassionate society. At St Joseph’s we encourage students to work as charitable members of our school and wider community to offer people in need “a hand up”. We do this by raising awareness of social justice issues and fundraising through events such as the Vinnies Winter Appeal and the collection of Christmas Hampers.
St Joseph’s has an Enviro team comprised of self nominated children from Year 1-6. The children meet with the Enviro Team teachers each week to examine current practices within the school and to develop opportunities for educating the school community about environmental issues. The children present regularly at our School Assembly, in classrooms and provide important information regarding sustainability via the School Newsletter.
Programs we participate in include:
Recycling Collection Point
At St Joseph’s we are always looking for ways to teach our students sustainable practices. Many of our recycling efforts go to assist those in need in our community and abroad.
- INK CARTRIDGES https://planetark.org/
- MOBILE PHONES https://www.mobilemuster.com.au/
- USED STAMPS https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-20/signed,-sealed,-delivered:-donating-used-stamps-for-35-years/8963106
- ALUMINIUM CANS / PLASTIC BOTTLES AND POPPERS https://returnandearn.org.au/
- PRESCRIPTION GLASSES https://www.opsm.com.au/eye-care/onesight
- BATTERIES https://www.batteryworld.com.au/Recycling/School-Recycling-Program
- POSTAGE/MAIL SATCHELS https://www.terracycle.com/en-AU/brigades/mailing-satchel-brigade
- ORAL CARE PRODUCTS https://www.terracycle.com/en-AU/brigades/oral-care-brigade
- PLASTIC BOTTLE TOPS https://envision.org.au/bottle-top-drop-off-locations/